The thrill continued...
This weekend saw the completion of another fabulously delicious Moveable Feast. The theme, in honor of our President, was Obamoveable Feast and featured dishes from many of the places that have played a significant role in Obama's life. The dishes included:
- Champagne Margaritas from one of his favorite Chicago restaurants, Topolobampo
- Ahi Poke (Hawaii)
- Nasi Goreng (Indonesia)
- Deep-dish Pizza (Chicago)
- Victory Garden Salad - featuring many of the herbs and vegetables that will be grown in the new White House garden, including spinach, snow peas, basil, parsley, and many other delicious veggies. Topped with goat cheese crostini.
- Soy Braised Short Ribs (Hawaii - mentioned in an earlier post)
- Mahogany Wings (because he likes wings, or so we heard)
- Rice Krispy Treats (made with Fluff from Somerville)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Hawaii)
Oh it was all so delicious! This group has never failed me. The food coma lasted fully into the next day.
Even though I'm not hosting for another few months, I'm stressing about the theme. I really don't know what I'm going to do this time around...